1. General Principle
- Definition of Operating Policy
• This operating policy contains Blue Boat’ operating standard of its service and the penalties for violating the Terms and Conditions of Service (hereinafter referred to as "Restriction"), objection process to the restrictions, and the policy on recovery that should be known by the Players (someone who agrees to the company’s Terms of Service and hereinafter referred to as "Players") playing the Game (hereinafter referred to as "Game") provided by Blue Boat (hereinafter referred to as "Company") as Players using the service.
• In accordance with Article 13 clause 2 of the Terms of Service, Players are obliged to comply with the provisions of this Operating Policy, and if the Player is in breach of this Operating Policy, the Player shall be deemed to have breached the Company’s Terms of Service. In which case, the Player can be subject to Restrictions in accordance with the Operating Policy and Terms of Service.
• Any matters not mentioned in this Operating Policy shall be governed by the company‘s Terms of Service, and any matters other than that shall be applied and interpreted according to the relevant laws, rules, and regulation of the country concerned and general social norms.
• This Operating Policy is applicable to the Just Word Games game service.
- Changes and Announcement of Operating Policy
• The Company can revise the Operating Policy to provide better service and shall notify the revised contents in such a way that the Players can easily understand (through a notice on the website, email, etc.)
• Players are advised to check the notice and e-mail contents for any changes in the Operating Policy. By clicking on the “OK” button to the notice sent to the Players, it is hereby understood that the Player has carefully read and fully understood the contents thereof. Thus, the Company shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Player or third parties caused by misapprehension of the Operating Policy or any changes thereto.
- Membership Rights and Obligations
• Players should be aware of this Operating Policy, and the Company is not obliged to provide assistance in case of problems or damages caused by the Player’s failure to observe the Operating Policy.
• Players are obligated to provide accurate information when registering. Access to the services may be restricted if you enter false and/or inaccurate information or steal information from others. In addition, the Player shall not be entitled to the protection of rights regarding his account information. Ownership of game contents, such as characters and items in game, is owned by the Company. Players can inquire about problems through Customer Support while using the Game and receive guidance on how to solve said problems.
• Players must report any problems such as bugs found during service use or errors or flaws etc. in the game system to the Company and must not let other Players know about the problems or use the problems for illegal purposes. Even after problems such as bugs and system errors occurred but a Player does not report them to the Company and takes advantage of the problems for the purpose of gaining benefits, it is deemed that the Player has caused damages to other Players. As such, Players may be restricted from using the service in accordance with the Terms of Service and Operating Policy.
• Players shall be restricted from using the service for circulating and disseminating false information which may confuse other Players.
• Players shall be restricted to a service use if the Players violate any of the regulations specified in Section 7.
• For the Players under penalty of restriction of service use, the Company shall not be held liable for the Players’ loss from contents that require continuous management.
• Because many Players are playing the Game at the same time, you must respect the rights of other Players.
• Players are liable for the protection and management of their account information. The Company is not liable for any damages caused by any 3rd party that was made possible by the Player being careless with their account information.
• Players are liable to answer Company employees (GM) when they are asked questions in the game as the GMs are investigating and monitoring Players for illegal programs.
2. Policy on Recovery Support
If a Player‘s item or character is lost or the data is changed due to a technological error of the Company, and if the contents of the error are clearly confirmed by in-game records, recovery will be given to the extent that it does not disturb the Game balance.
The account and item data of the Player can be modified, changed, or deleted at any time according to Game planning or operational judgment, and the recovery will not be given in such cases.
In principle, losses that occur due to Player’s failure to understand the contents of Game system, Operating Policy, in game notifications, and announcements on the website or due to negligence on the Player’s part are not the subjects of recovery except for certain circumstances to be decided by operational judgement. Recovery will be processed based on stored data and any loss that does not have history cannot be recovered.
Request for recovery shall be made within seven (7) days from date of loss through our Customer Support on the website. For the affiliated services, recovery support services that require verification of the player’s account information shall be subject to limitations.
※ Recovery will not be done for items that are intentionally lost by a player, that are in violation of system settings, or that are potentially exploitable within the game.
※ Recovery requested due to a buyer‘s remorse for reasons such as update or the changed item settings etc. is excluded from the subjects of recovery.
※ Recovery for each item is processed based on the stored data, and if the records of the loss do not exist, the loss cannot be recovered.
※ Limit on the number of times recovery can be performed is by account. Players are asked to manage their accounts accordingly. Asking for recovery due to stolen information will be counted towards the limit and cannot be reverted even if the account is shared by multiple people.
※ Players can be restricted from the game if the players abuse the Operating Policy through item recovery and other services.
3. Policy on Naming
• A player should not use names that violate the operating policy when the player creates his/her account name, avatar name, and surname that are used in the Just Word Games website and game:
- Names that impersonates GM or the company’s employee.
- Names that include swear words and foul language.
- Names that slander or degrade specific race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender, person, disability, etc.
- Names of antisocial mood.\n- Names of sexually explicit or obscene contents.
- A name that contains content that is intended to infringe or damage the rights of 3rd violation parties, including honor, portrait rights, and personal information.
- Names that are deemed to have the intention of buying or selling an account/item in exchange for real money/actual product.
- Names that can be confusing to other players of the game, such as NPC names and items.
- Names that contain the purpose of advertising/promoting a target.
- In case you differently change the spelling of the name that the naming policy prohibits or in case you combine the prohibited name with other letters.
• Names that fall into the above criteria may be changed or deleted without prior notice, and if the violation is serious or repeated, separate restrictions may be imposed in accordance with the Operating policy.
4. Policy on Website Operation and Posting
• The company may suspend the website service for the purpose of regular preventive maintenance or to improve the quality of service.
• This policy on posting is the operating policy applied to the Just Word Games website bulletin board.
• A post is a text, image, and voice or the information composed thereof such as articles, pictures, videos posted by a player as the player uses the Just Word Games website service such as a bulletin board, etc.
• In order to establish a healthy community culture for everyone to use together, the company may delete or transfer posts or files without prior notice in accordance with Section 5.
• For the matters not listed in the Policy on Website Posting, Terms and Conditions of Service will apply, and if the content of the Terms and Conditions of Service differs from the content of the Policy on Website Posting, the Policy on Website Posting will take precedence.
5. Restrictions on Inappropriate Posts
• In the event that a player commits any of the acts described in the meanings of "Posting of Inappropriate Posts" below, the subject posts and comments shall be deleted by the company. Further, the erring player shall be subject to the restrictions on writing on the website as follows: (1-day block for 1st violation, 3-days block for the 2nd violation, 7-days block for 3rd and further violations), and a Permanent Restriction shall be imposed for the 4th violation or further.
• “Posting of Inappropriate Posts” means the act of posting of any of the following subparagraphs or any words of similar import:
(a) A post that infringe on the rights (copyright, patent, etc.) of the company or 3rd violation parties.
(b) A post that damages the honor of the company or a 3rd violation party.
(c) A post containing personal information (personal identification information, location, contact, email, etc.) of the writer/other people.
(d) A post that causes any sexual humiliation, disgust, displeasure or the like to other people.
(e) A post intended to defame or harass others (including personal attack and rumors).
(f) A commercial post intended for profit (prize giveaway event, product advertisement, website promotion).
(g) A post that contains malicious codes or causes system failure.
(h) A post that has a strong ideological/religious tone.
(i) A post that gives guidance to or advertises illegal programs, private servers, etc.
(j) A post that maliciously disseminate false information about certain individuals and the company.
(k) A post that confuses the company and others by disseminating unclear content, or that directly or indirectly causes damage.
(l) A post that degrades or discriminates race, sex, or a specific region. A post that promotes or degrades certain religion or ideology.
(m) A post that is related to Real Money Trades or item transactions.
(n) A post that is related to the act of sharing, lending and trading account information with others.
(o) A post that impersonates other people including Game Master, bulletin board administrator, and the company‘s employee.
(p) A post that encourages violence, delinquency, and gambling spirit.
(q) A post that is related to violation of Terms and Conditions of Service.
(r) A post that is irrelevant to the nature of the bulletin board or disturbs the community.
(s) Other posts that are prohibited by Terms and Conditions of Service, policies of each bulletin board, and related laws and regulations.\n(t) An act of interrupting the operation of the bulletin board by registering a large number of posts in a short time or repetitively posting the same contents.
• If an inappropriate post is found, the company will block the post registrant in accordance with this provision and the post itself can be deleted, transferred or blocked from being read by the person who wrote the post as well as the reply commenter. In the event of serious misconduct, such as but not limited to causing severe damages to the company or to other players, or violation of related laws, the company can dispense with the scale of penalty on restrictions on writing and block permanently the erring player on website service or on Just Word Games game service immediately.
6. Policy on Use Restrictions
- Restrictions and Reporting Process
• The restrictions and reporting process for the violation of the Terms and Conditions of Service and Operating Policy are as follows.
• A violation of terms/policy occurs → (make reporting) → Game Master investigates → (send prior notification) → impose restrictions →make objections → Notify the result of objection.
• Whenever possible, reports regarding "Fraud," "Swear Words," and "Account Hijacking" should be made within 15 days from occurrence or discovery thereof, whichever is earlier.
• The company shall make efforts to respond to you regarding the processing progress within 48 hours after the company receive your report. However, if it takes time to identify the facts, the response time may take up to 15 days.
• The company will notify the player of the details of the restrictions, the reason for the restrictions, etc. through e-mail and client messages etc. at the time of imposing restrictions. However, for the matters related to some acts that are specified separately in the Terms and Conditions of Service, the company may notify later.
- How to make reporting/inquiries and objections
• Customer Support: Through [Customer Support] on the website, a player can make inquiries/requests/suggestions related to the account including game service and object against imposed restrictions within 14 days of the initial action. The company is shall not be held liable for any inquiries/requests/suggestions made after the aforestated 14 day period.
• Possible result of objections: If the objection made by a player is deemed reasonable, the company will immediately withdraw the restrictions imposed on the player and make adjustments and recoveries on the adjusted items etc.
- Types and Criteria of Restrictions
The types of restrictions are as follows:
① Temporary restrictions on access to the game functions and forced changing of names (hereinafter referred to as "Warning"): These includes temporary restrictions on access to the game, banning chatting, restrictions on in-game actions, forcibly changing names, surnames, profile pictures of avatar etc., deleting an image, Game Master‘s warning/suggestion etc.
- Temporary restrictions on access to the game may also be placed by the Company in order to urgently check on the bugs as well as the damages or harmful effects, it may have caused. A notification shall be issued once the temporary restriction have been lifted.
② Restrictions on the use period of the game (hereinafter referred to as "Period(dates)Block"): It is a restriction that restricts the use of all services related to the game (such as game accounts, bulletin boards, etc.) for a certain period of time.
③ Permanent restrictions on using the game (hereinafter referred to as "Permanent Restriction"): This is a restriction that completely disqualifies a player‘s account by permanently restricting the use of all services related to the game (for example, game accounts, bulletin boards, etc.)
④ Retrieval: It is a restriction where the company deletes the game data or changes the quantity/quality of the game data (all data that can be acquired in the game system and that are "numerically quantifiable" such as levels, rankings, etc.) and items etc. that are acquired by an account. through illegitimate means such as but not limited to the violation of the Terms and Conditions of Service or the Operating Policy.
⑤ Punitive retrieval: It is the restriction where the company deletes the game data or changes the quantity/quality of the game data (all data that can be acquired in the game system and that are "numerically quantifiable" such as levels, rankings, etc.) and items etc. that are acquired by an account. if the player‘s violation of the Terms and Conditions of Service or Operating Policy is determined to seriously affect the entire game economy, or if it is determined to have a negative effect on other players‘ use of the game.
-"Punitive retrieval" and "Retrieval" can be imposed at the same time, and the range of the punishment can be as large as 3 times of the total amount obtained depending on the severity of the violation.
⑥ Chat block: It is the restriction that restricts the use of the in-game chatting function for a certain period of time.
The criteria for restrictions are as follows:
• The company can impose "Retrieval" and "Punitive retrieval" at the same time when imposing "Permanent Restriction". In addition, "Retrieval" and "Punitive retrieval" can be imposed simultaneously when "Restrictions on the use of the game" or "Warning" is imposed.
• If two or more violations of the Terms and Conditions of Service have been violated at the same time, the company can impose restrictions based on the most serious violation to each act.
• If a 3rd violation party uses a player‘s account and violates the Terms and Conditions of Service and Operating Policy during the account sharing, restrictions may be imposed on the player and the account.
• If a player acquires an item acquired by a player in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Service and Operating Policy, the company will retrieve the item and all related numerical data from the account. Also, the account that obtained the item and data may be subject to restrictions in accordance with the Operating Policy.
Example: If you take over an item acquired by a player in violation of Terms and Conditions of Service and Operating Policy through "Fraud", "Real Money Trade", "Bug Abuse", "Gambling", "Payment Theft", "Use of Illegal Programs" etc., the company will retrieve the item and impose restrictions on the use of the game for the account that obtained the item.
7. Restrictions Criteria
• If any act listed in the "Restrictions Criteria" below is committed, the player who made the act could be held legally liable and shall be subject to strong restrictions and penalties imposed by the company. The list of violations enumerated hereunder is not exclusive and may include other offenses which constitutes violations of the Terms and Conditions of Service, related laws, and any other acts that seriously affect the balance or systems in the game.
• Depending on the severity of the violation made by the player, Warning, Period Block, Permanent Restriction, Retrieval, Punitive Retrieval etc. shall be imposed. In addition, two or more restrictions can be imposed at the same time, depending on the violation, in which case, the company will impose restrictions based on the most serious violation.
• Even if several players violate the same matter, the company can make judgment on which restrictions should be imposed among Warning, Period Block, Permanent Restriction, Retrieval, Punitive retrieval etc., depending on the severity of the act by the doer.
• Other than that, if a player‘s act is found to be incompatible with relevant laws and regulations, the company will immediately take strong actions of restrictions and the company can ask for investigation or help to the authorities concerned and judicial authorities, and vice versa, the company will respond immediately in case there are requests from the authorities concerned and judicial authorities for cooperation.
• Restrictions Criteria are listed as following:
(a) Account Hijacking: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(b) Payment Theft and Failure to Pay: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(c) Identity Theft: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(d) Account Trade: 365 Days Restriction on the 1st violation and Permanent Restriction on the 2nd violation
(e) Real Money Trade: 365 Days Restriction on the 1st violation and Permanent Restriction on the 2nd violation
(f) Attempting Real Money Trade: 15 Days Restriction on the 1st violation, 30 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Permanent Restriction on the 3rd violation
(g) Gambling: 30 Days Restriction on the 1st violation and Permanent Restriction on the 2nd violation
(h) Fraud: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(i) Fraud Attempt or Impersonation: 15 Days Restriction on the 1st violation, 30 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Permanent Restriction on the 3rd violation
(j) Bug Abuse: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(k) Abusing: 7 Days Restriction on the 1st violation, 30 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Permanent Restriction on the 3rd violation
(l) Disrupting Gameplay: Warning on the 1st violation, 7 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and 30 Days Restriction on and after the 3rd violation
(m) Disrupting Game Operations: Warning on the 1st violation, 7 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and 30 Days Restriction on and after the 3rd violation
(n) Spreading False Information: Warning on the 1st violation, 30 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Permanent Restriction on the 3rd violation
(o) Data Manipulation and Extraction: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(p) Attacks on Game and Service Servers: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(q) Client Manipulation, Use of Illegal Programs and Macros: 7 Days on the 1st and 2nd violation, and Permanent Restriction on the 3rd violation
(r) Producing Illegal Programs and Macros, etc.: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(s) Gaining Unfair Advantages: Warning on the 1st violation, 30 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Permanent Restriction on the 3rd violation
(t) Bot: Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(u) Not responding or answering incorrectly to Game Masters (GM): Permanent Restriction on the 1st violation
(v) Chat Abuse: 60 Minutes Chat Block on the 1st violation, 1 Day Restriction on the 2nd violation, and 7 Days Restriction on and after the 3rd violation
(w) Commercial Promotion and Advertisement: 15 Days Restriction on the 1st violation, 30 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Permanent Restriction on the 3rd violation
(x) Use of inappropriate names and/or surnames: Warning and Modifying names and/or surnames on the 1st violation, Modifying names and/or surnames and 7 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Modifying names and/or surnames and 15 Days Restriction on and after the 3rd violation
(y) Use of inappropriate User Created Contents (UCC): Warning and Deleting UCC on the 1st violation, Deleting UCC and 7 Days Restriction on the 2nd violation, and Deleting UCC and 15 Days Restriction on and after the 3rd violation
(z) Use of Inappropriate Language: 60 Minutes Chat Block on the 1st violation, 1 Day Restriction on the 2nd violation, and 7 Days Restriction on and after the 3rd violation
※ For the players under penalty of restriction of service use, the company shall not be held liable for his or her loss of some contents that require continuous management.
※ Players that violate certain criteria 3 times or more may receive the penalties for the 3rd violation or “Permanent Restriction”.
※ Items acquired by violating the Operating Policy will result in the retrieval of the item and 3 times the value of the items removed in coins.
※ Regardless of the intention and imposed/not imposed restrictions, any benefits obtained through violations of the Operating Policy are subject to retrieval and adjustment at any time.
※ Players that violate the aforementioned criteria may receive penalties equivalent to 2nd/3rd violations imposed on the players for their 1st violation depending on the severity of the issue, the amount of damage caused to other players or player.
※ The account names, avatar names, and game information can be posted in the official website if the players are found to have violated the Operating Policy.
8. Guest Account Policy
• Players that elect to use the services without creating an account will be assigned an identifier that is similar to an account number ("Guest Accounts") to their devices.\
• Guest Account information is stored on individual devices. Therefore, account information may be deleted through acts which may cause device data to be transferred, deleted or otherwise altered such as losing the device, reset to factory settings, deleting Cache and Data etc.
• The company shall notify players via the Just Word Games website on how to link Guest Accounts to permanent accounts and on the risks and dangers of what may occur should players elect not to link their Guest Account.
• The company shall not be responsible for any damages that may occur whilst using a Guest Account.
• Guest Accounts cannot be used indefinitely as it is impossible to deactivate Guest Accounts.